We are proud to provide DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checks, to help organisations undertake security checks of those working for them, ensuring that their customers are protected from harm.
As a trusted umbrella body with extensive experience, we can perform checks for all organisations with fully trained staff providing support and guidance at every stage to ensure excellent customer service along with the fastest possible turnaround of DBS applications.
Our service is good value for money and simple to use.
What is a Disclosure and Barring Check?
A DBS check is a legal requirement:
- for certain jobs or voluntary work, eg working with children or in healthcare
- to foster or adopt a child
In addition to our extensive services we can also provide individual support on a face to face basis, of the development of bespoke solutions to individual challenges faced by you, our customers including training courses.
How to get a DBS check
- The employer is provided with unique log in details to the online eBulk system by DBS Direct.
- The employer gives the applicant the log in details to complete an online DBS application.
- The applicant must then complete the online application and arrange to meet with the employer to take along the necessary documents proving their identity.
- The employer logs into the online system and inputs details of the documents that have been seen as ID.
- DBS sends a certificate to the applicant. The employer will have to ask the applicant to see the certificate.
If applicants need to run a check on themselves, they can get a ‘basic disclosure’ with details of any unspent convictions. Please contact the DBS Direct Team on 01926 738444 for further information.
Types of DBS check
DBS checks are only available for applicants who are 16 or over.
There are 3 types of check.
Enhanced with list checks
An employer can only ask for a barred list check for specific roles. It’s a criminal offence to ask for a check for any other roles.
This includes anyone who spends time helping people and is:
- not being paid (apart from for travel and other approved out of pocket expenses)
- not only looking after a close relative
How do I register?
Registering with Warwickshire Vetting Services couldn’t be simpler. Just click on the link below, complete the online form and a customer service representative will contact you shortly. Existing customers can access the login via the link below.
When you login for the first time you must enter the temporary DOB and Password as supplied to you in the two automated login emails. These can then be changed.