Service user involvement
The Making Space Mental Health Co-Production service helps improve mental health services across Warwickshire. Their work includes:
- giving people opportunities to learn new skills and gain confidence;
- hosting regular forums and workshops;
- encouraging volunteering, and making a positive contribution to your community.
Healthwatch Warwickshire is the independent consumer champion for health and social care. They gather and represent the views of the Warwickshire public on health and social care issues.
Health advocacy services
An integrated Health Advocacy Service is available to people in Warwickshire provided by VoiceAbility. The service includes:
- NHS Complaints Advocacy – this is for anyone who has received NHS treatment and requires support to raise and resolve a complaint about their care and treatment. The service can also be accessed by a person who knows someone that is unhappy about treatment or care they have received from the NHS.
- General Health Advocacy – this is for people who need support to have a say in their care or treatment or plan their discharge from hospital. This will usually include people with a physical or learning disability, people with a mental health disability being treated in a general acute hospital or people over the age of 65.
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – this is for people who are being treated in a local mental health hospital or are accessing local NHS community based mental health services. Support will be provided so that people can, amongst other things, be fully involved in decisions about their mental health care and treatment, access information about their rights under the Mental Health Act and apply and prepare for a Mental Health Tribunal.
This service is available free of charge to clients and is provided by VoiceAbility. Both professional and self-referrals are accepted for the Health Advocacy Service. Please contact VoiceAbility to make a referral. Contact details can be found on www.voiceability.org/services/coventry-and-warwickshire.